CPWEvery lady of the Helena CP Church is part of the Cumberland Presbyterian Women group. Our mission is to help others in need.
We have several fund raisers during the year to support our missions, like:
• Spring and Fall Bazaars – where vendors purchase booths to sell items from their trades, hobbies or collections. These events are fun for the whole family. There will be various food trucks available so everyone will be able to purchase their desired food as well as play areas for children.
• Tailgate Party – held in September to kick off football season and the start of our Sunday Night Bible Study returning from a summer break. The CPW will prepare the food and everyone else brings their appetites and checkbooks to help support the CPW.
• Provide drinks and snacks at the Helena’s Christmas Parade – where we serve items like hot chocolate, hot apple cider, coffee, water and popcorn for donations.
Our ladies also:
• Help provide food for the “Homeless Veterans” in Birmingham, AL. With the help of donations and from employees from a local bank, we are blessed that we can pack approx. 150 bags each month (normally consisting of 2 entrees, 2 breakfast bars, snacks, fruit and water, for example). Everyone is welcome to come help pack bags or donate to this mission.
• What a blessing it is to serve the families at the Ronald McDonald House, in Birmingham, AL, by volunteering to provide a meal. We have met many young people who have courage way beyond their years.
Celebrating EasterDuring Lent we reflect on the 40 days before Easter, as what Christ has done for us in our personal life.
Every other year we will prepare a “Passover Meal” where we can celebrate “Passover” from the Christian point of view. This is a very special service to see how our brothers and sister celebrate their escape from Egypt.
During Holy Week, the week of Easter, we normally have a Maundy Thursday service.
Saturday morning before Easter Sunday, weather permitting, we have an old fashion egg hunt with the children hunting the eggs.
Easter Breakfast is served, after the “Son Rise Service”, with the Helena CP Church men and ladies alternating cooking each year.
Easter Service Sunday Morning where we celebrate our Savior’s Resurrection.
VBSVacation Bible School is normally scheduled at the beginning of the summer. Our doors are open for all children, ages 3 – 12. Dinner is severed each night before the Bible lesson. As part of the Bible lesson, the children will have the opportunity to enjoy our puppets as well as learning songs, preparing crafts and playing games.